Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oscars

I slept like a freakin baby last night, which is rare for me. I probably could have slept until 8:00 am or so, but work was calling me. I usually get to work between 8:30 and 9:00 and I was on track to get here by 8:30 this morning until one of my cats threw up all over the place, several times. He hasn't done much of that since we switched his food, but he was puking like the days of old today. I had to put the slip cover on the love seat in the washer. It was nasty. Needless to say, I didn't get to work until 9:00. And here I am at work...blogging.

-------
I missed the Oscars Sunday night because I was catering. I'm ashamed to say that I have not seen any of the nominated films yet, even Juno. Cody and I are big renters, so we will see most of them when they come out on dvd. I have read Atonement, though. That counts for something. Great book. We did rent Eastern Promises on Saturday night and Viggo Mortensen was up for best actor for his role in the very violent, but incredibly well-done film. Cody said he could have done without the naked penis fight scene. I suppose I could have as well. I think my pick for best dressed that night is Jennifer Garner. Although Katherine Heigl looked lovely as well. And then there were the pregnant women. I think Cate Blanchett gets the award for that category. But it's pretty hard to choose among her, Nicole Kidman, and Jessica Alba.

-------
Cody and I are going to see Citizen Cope Saturday night at Stubb's. Yay! He has come here several times since we've been listening to this music over the past few years and we've never gone. I wish we had seen him a few years ago before he made it big, but better late than never.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home