Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The New Year and stuff

The new year started out with a bang so to speak. We had friends over on New Year's Eve and I proceeded to drink pomegranate martinis, wine, a little bourbon, a shot of Yeager, and a lot of champagne. I was in piss-poor shape yesterday. I spent the entire morning hugging the toilet. Finally, at about 11:30, I managed to peel myself out of bed and shovel down a few crackers. Cody made me a big-ass cheeseburger for my bigg-ass hangover. Then I laid down on the couch and only got up to get back in the bed. I stayed in bed until about 4:00. At about 6:00 that evening, I decided it would be a good idea to take a bath and then put on a different set of pajamas. I probably would have gone to bed around 8:00 if Cody hadn't rented Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. I did manage to clean the kitchen at some point yesterday. I can't believe how incredibly lazy I was yesterday, but I honestly couldn't help it. I couldn't do a damn thing because I felt so crappy. I'm too old to be throwing up from a hangover. Something that the New Year brings is a time to rethink many things about your life, including the way you live it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home