Thursday, December 27, 2007

Random ramblings

Since Cody and I went to San Francisco in October, we decided to place a limit of $50 on our Christmas gifts to each other. He got me a really beautiful turquiose and sterling silver ring from Sundance. Of course, I sent him the link to the ring so that he would not be confused. I got him a tool bag from Home Depot. Of course, he wrote down exactly which one I needed to purchase. Cody has a lot of tools. In addition to his talents in the kitchen, he also does beautiful wood working. I have to say that toolbag is pretty cool. But man is it heavy! I was on the computer the other night and he had been packing the toolbag with his numerous tools. He came in with it and said, "P.S. I love it." Then, like a child with a new toy, he showed me how all of his tools, plus his drill and something else, fit into the bag. I don't pretend to understand his love of the tool. I'm sure he doesn't pretend to understand why I wanted yet another chunky ring from Sundance. What's funny is that I was so entrenched with getting the Christmas presents wrapped for both of our families that I completely forgot to wrap his. I was mad at myself. Not that he wrapped mine, but at least the ring came in a box and he could stick a bow on it, which he did. P.S. I love that ring.

-------
I'm able to go to yoga in the morning since I'm not working until January 3. I used to practice in the mornings when I was waiting tables. It was a big adjustment when I went to practicing after work and at first, I didn't like it. But now, I feel so much more warmed up when I practice in the evening. I've been waking up in between 7:30 and 8:00 and then going to yoga at 9:30, so it's definitely a different feeling. I also went for a run yesterday. It was cold and super windy. I wonder if running on pavement is bad for your back because it kind of hurts today. Luckily, Margaret ended class today with legs up the wall, which I was planning on doing anyway. I made that decision during wheel pose. I've started incorporating a lot of Anusara alignment principles into my practice. I think it makes a difference. It's like my practice is new again and I think that's important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home