Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

This year is the first year that my parents have been without either one of their daughters on Christmas. To some, that might seem odd, but our family is very close and we were always together at Christmas no matter what...until I got married almost four years ago. I informed them that Cody and I would start alternating our Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday visits between our two families. Then, my sister got married last year, so she has had to do the same. And of course she wanted to be with our family when I'm there, so that leaves my parents without us every other year. They were and always will be invited to come here for Christmas, but that would leave both of my grandmothers without their kids and that just can't happen at this point. So this morning, my parents opened presents with my grandmothers, had breakfast, and then went to a homeless shelter to serve food for three hours. They've never done this before and I'm anxious to hear how it went. I have to say that it is odd not spending Christmas with my family. Two years ago, the first year that we spent with my in-laws, I was very sad. On Christmas Eve, it's just Cody and me, which I now find kind of nice, but it was just so weird the first time. Another Christmas has come and gone and I am finding myself feeling a little sad that I didn't get to spend it with my family.

-------
I feel as if I am in a turkey coma. I'm tired and bloated, but am so happy that I don't have to go back to work until January 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home