Thursday, February 14, 2008

All Eyes on Texas

Happy Valentine's Day and all that goodness. I recently read this article on yogajournal.com about how many people think that Valentine's Day is a stupid, made-up holiday for suckers. (Of course, I looked for the article and now can't find it, so I can't link to it.) But I don't think the "holiday" (a term I use loosely since I'm sitting at my work computer right now) should be viewed that way. For as much hate and violence and just plain sadness there is in this world, I think Valentine's Day can bring a sense of love to someone's life, even if he or she doesn't have a romantic partner. We experience love in all kinds of ways and in all kinds of relationships. I seem to be in a very good mood today and I swear, I think it's because it is Valentine's Day. And Cody and I don't even do anything for V-day. We're going to dinner on Saturday night, but only because we have a gift certificate. Just something to think about.

-------
For the first time since I've been a registered voter, I have not gotten sick of the presidential race. In fact, I think it's incredibly exciting! Personally, I am in the Obama camp, but that's not to say that I don't like Hillary Clinton. I do like her and think that she would be a good president. I'm just happy that I have a choice this year. As for McCain, I don't dislike him either, but his views on the military are too conservative for me. I think he's definitely the best Republican in the race and I would be able to live with him as president. Obama and Clinton are debating in Austin next Thursday night and they are giving away 100 tickets to the public. I have got to my hands on one of those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home