Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Annoyances

I am annoyed, so annoyed right now. I'm sure it shows.

-------
I ran today for over 40 minutes, which is a little longer than I typically run. It's funny how differently I feel after a good run as opposed to after a good practice. After I run, especially after I run farther or longer than usual, I feel a sense of accomplishment. Today, I was cooling down after my run, and I could feel myself smiling because I felt very proud of myself. Is that wrong? Hannah has said before that we often feel the same way after we hit a certain pose that we haven't been able to get before, i.e. Hanumanasana (splits), but that that's not really the goal. I suppose I've felt that way before (okay, I know I've felt that way before) but at the end of a really good yoga class, like Sean's class last night, I usually feel more of a sense of peace than accomplishment. I might feel a little satisfaction, but it's not like, "Hell yeah! I just rocked that class!" It's more like, "*Sigh* That was awesome. Now I get to lie in savasana and let my body soak it all in." Whereas at the end of a run I feel like shouting to anyone who walks by that I just ran almost four miles and that I'm the shit. I should probably refrain from doing that because knowing me I'd yell it to an avid marathon runner who runs four miles as a warm up.

-------
I catered on Saturday and there was tons of food left over so I brought home bags of grilled chicken, red peppers, green beans, and blanched asparagus. Cody made some yummy asparagus soup that I just ate for lunch while I was writing this. It's all over my shirt now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home