Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Age is just a number, part deux

Another sign that my "young" age isn't really that young is that my sleeping habits are like that of a woman in the middle of menopause. Either I wake up at the butt crack of dawn, really before the butt crack, and don't go back to sleep, or I wake up all through the night to go to the bathroom. Should I be doing this before I even turn 30? I don't think so. I'm in so much trouble when I get older. I guess I need to get some more Ambien, but it's not covered by my insurance, so it's $75 a perscription. Plus, the doctor's office may very well ask me to come back into the office so there's another $25. Plus, plus, do I really want to start taking a sleeping pill at this age? I used to have a perscription about two years ago and I only took a half of one when I really needed it.

Being tired makes me grumpy. I've been grumpy all day. I miss my friends. I miss my family. I'm tired of my work situtation. Whenever I indulge in a little self-pity, I always feel guilty because there are so many other people who have so much less than I do. At least I have great friends and a supportive family. At least I have a bed to sleep in and a roof over my head. At least I have a job and can pay my bills. But, it's all relative, right? It's okay that I feel a little sorry for myself every now and then, isn't it? Or am I just fooling myself? My head hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home