Saturday, December 30, 2006

Help me, please

Can someone tell me why I feel the need to turn on the Food Network and actually watch Rachael Ray? I do this on my own accord; no one forces me. She might be the most annoying television personality I've ever watched, yet I.cannot.stop. Right now, at this very moment, she is on my television set in Brussels for her show "$40 a Day". She just said, "When you're in Brussels, you have got to try the mussels!" What???? This is a personal problem; I realize that. Maybe I watch because I like good food and she gets to travel all over the country and eat it. Maybe, just maybe, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, I'm jealous. Oh, damn.

Speaking of television, my parents got this really nice, new, big, flat-screen, LCD tv. Of course, they didn't tell us. They never tell us when they buy something new. I walked into the house last Friday, saw it, and the first thing I said was, "Who gets the old one?" My dad laughed and my mom said that I could discuss it with my sister. No discussion. She and her husband live in a one-bedroom apartment in Dallas. They don't have any room for another television set. So, we have it now. It's nothing fancy, but it's 32", which is a lot bigger than the one we previously had in our den. That one is now in our bedroom and the old bedroom tv is in the garage, where we already had a really small tv. You might be asking yourself why we have a tv in the garage. My husband smokes...I do not. He smokes in the garage. He also builds things in the garage, but I doubt he watches television when he's using power tools. So, we now have four television sets! Do you know how big our house is? It's like, 1100 square feet. It's absurd, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home