Friday, January 19, 2007

Cabin Fever

After three and a half days of being stuck indoors because of icy and dangerous roads, I'm back to the daily grind. While I was home, I tried of to think of interesting things to do. Certainly, I could have pulled out all the furniture and cleaned all the animal hair and dust from behind the pieces. I'm sure that it would have been beneficial to take everything out of the freezer and refrigerator and wipe them both down inside. I know that my guest bedroom could have been organized and my dresser drawers sure do need cleaning out. But did I do any of those things? No. Of course not. I watched tv, took naps, and exercised. I practiced a lot of yoga and I'm so glad that I can practice at home by myself, but it's good to get back to the studio and practice with a group. Although yesterday I was the only one there, so Margaret and I just practiced together which was great because I never get to see her anymore.

On Tuesday, I decided to pull out this exercise video I've had for a few years but haven't done in almost as long as I've owned it. It has some aerobics, kickboxing, and just some really stupid stuff like running in place and getting your knees up. First, my calves are still super sore. My cat Lokey stepped on my left calf last night while I was in bed and it hurt like hell. But the worst part is that I pulled something close to my left groin. It's a lot better today, but yesterday it hurt to walk, which really sucks because I have to walk. I reek of Ben Gay. I think I pulled it from doing these side kicks in the kickboxing portion. I went to yoga this morning and it did pretty good. I just have to be careful. Tomorrow, I'm going to Hannah's Detox and Recharge workshop at Castle Hill. Two and a half hours of a workshop with Hannah could be rough, so I'm hoping that it feels even better tomorrow. Stupid exercise video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home