Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Today, in Hannah's class, she started talking about New Year's resolutions and how people make them and they don't usually stick. (Oh, and note to self and anyone else who might be interested-don't go for a 3.5 mile run an hour before Hannah's two-hour New Year's Day yoga class. Your quads will start screaming at you halfway through class. Seriously, though, the class was awesome.) Anyway, it made me think about the many resolutions I've made over the years. Some have stuck; others have faded shortly into February. In 2004, I started the year as an engaged graduate student who was getting married on May 8, the Saturday after I was to finish my finals that semester. I made a resolution that year to start practicing yoga to help relieve stress and keep me in shape for my wedding. It's hard for me to imagine that practicing yoga was once one of my New Year's resolutions, since now it's such an integral part of my life. Best resolution I ever made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home