Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Getting Ready

I had the D&C yesterday. All went well. My anesthesiologist was really cute. He came in and introduced himself and all I could think about was if my hair looked good. Forget the big-ass gown I had on that could have fit two of me inside.

Anyway, I was only in pain when I first woke up in recovery. I didn't want the nurse to put any pain medicine into my i.v. because I knew it would be strong and Cody hadn't gotten back yet. I wanted to be awake when he got there. But I was in pain. After he got there, she gave me two pills, one for anti-nauseau and the other was Demerol. I asked the nurse when I could eat. It was after 2:00 pm and I hadn't eaten since 9:30 the night before. She said I could eat when I got home but it needed to be light and bland. She left the room and I looked at Cody and said, "Uh uh. I'm hungry." So he took me to Whataburger. It was awesome. But before we got home that Demerol really kicked in. I don't know how people get addicted to pain pills. I guess those who do are people who don't care about being in control. I care. We got home and ate. While I was very slowly putting food into my mouth, I was deliberately trying to control my speech. I didn't want to sound like I was messed up, which I was.

So I ate and then slept for the rest of the day. I have not been in any pain and my bleeding has been very light. I go for my post-op visit next Monday. It seems weird that I've gone through all of this and I'm ready to start trying to get pregnant again. But I am. I'm ready. It's that simple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home