Saturday, May 31, 2008

The End...hopefully

It turns out that it can take a really long time to finish a miscarriage. Who knew? I'm scheduled for a D&C on Monday, but my doctor wants to do yet another ultrasound first--my third in two weeks--because I've been bleeding heavily the past two days and some other things have happened that weren't happening before. I'll spare you the details. If my uterus is empty, we'll cancel the surgery. But if there's still tissue, I'll go ahead and have the surgery. I've been bleeding for two weeks straight now. I'm ready to move on.

My insurance covers 80% of the surgery, but my out-of-pocket expense is still around $640...for about 30 minutes of actual surgery. That's over $3000 for the whole thing. Ridiculous. I could pay the $640 myself, but I'd have to pay it over time, which is fine. They can't force you to pay all at once. My mom called and told me that she and my dad are sending me a check for the surgery. I'm 30 years old, married, and have a really good job. I also have really great parents. They certainly didn't have to do that, and I didn't ask so they offered out of the blue. Actually, I think my sister may have called them.

So, here's to hoping that this will be over soon. Oh, and we rented Juno last weekend. I had just found out I wasn't going to have a baby...couple that with me being adopted...you can imagine the emotions I was feeling while watching the movie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home