Monday, March 17, 2008

Money woes

Happy St. Patty's day! Yes, I'm wearing green and no, I'm not at Fado's drinking a pint of Guiness. Although the bar opened at like 6:00 this morning so I'm sure by now there are lots of people there.

-------
Money is tight these days and it shows. I haven't been doing much catering lately because I've figured that people are too broke to hire the most expensive caterer in town, so very little extra money has been coming in. The price of gas is hitting me hard and yet I have two very long driving trips planned in the next two months. Actually, I have a very busy spring coming up and I'm not sure how I'm going to afford to do it all, but I'm sure going to try. There are probably things I could give up to allow for more cash flow, but I'm not willing to.

I woke up at 4:00 this morning stressing about money. I laid there for about an hour listening to my cat Lokey purr. He lays on my pillow as if it his own. I don't mind until he starts playing with my hair. This morning, he put his paw in between my face and my hand trying to get to a strand of hair that was there. I'm such a sucker because it's annoying as hell but he's so damn cute. Plus he's relentless. I'll push him down by my feet and he just comes right back.

Anyway, the moral of the story is that I wish all I had to worry about was playing with my owner's hair. Must be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home