Friday, March 14, 2008

Day off

I took the day off because it's spring break and there is absolutely no one at the University. Contrary to popular belief, the administration does not get off the week of spring break, but many employees take off. So I and my coworkers decided that we would take off as well. I checked my email from home and I got maybe five emails, so taking the time off was time well spent.

I got up this morning and went running and then went to Hannah's class at Bodhi. Ummm...probably not the best idea. Her Anusuara style of teaching is killer on the quads on a normal day, not to mention on a day when you've gone running an hour before the class starts. We did camel against the mirrors and then she asked if I would demonstrate a one-armed camel. The camel where you put one hand either on your heel or calf and then you get really strong through the legs and reach your other arm up and then you coil back and maybe your reaching arm touches the floor. Yeah. So I did it...on both sides. Backbends are fairly easy for me, but since I've been encorporating these Anusara principles into my practice...and this is sort of weird, they have become easier and yet harder at the same time. Needless to say, I left the class with my quads on freakin' fire. It was awesome.

-------
I'm afraid of lizards but there is this lizard that hangs out on our big trash can outside and I want to like him. Interestlingly enough, he's not around when it's cold; I guess they don't like the cold, but every single spring, he comes around. I know it's the same lizard. So, today, I took the trash out and he was there. He scared me at first. And I think he's more scared of me than I am of him. I don't want the little guy to be afraid of me. I need to not be afraid of him. I'm going to try and form a relationship with him. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home