Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Drunken promises

I was kind of drunk on Friday when I wrote that last blog. But I'm a woman of my word. I have always defended Hillary Clinton when voters, like my mother, say things like, "I don't know. I just don't like her." Now, I did not vote for Hillary in the primary, but I've never felt like this was a reason not to vote for her. If you disagree with her politics, then fine, but just because you don't like her? I've never understood that. Take a conversation I had with my mother in the fall. I said, "Well, what exactly don't you like about her, Mother?" Mom said, "I don't know. I just think she's evil." I said, "Have you ever actually listened to anything she has to say?" Mom said, "Well, maybe you're right. Maybe I've never taken the time to listen to her." I thought that I had miraculously gotten through to my mom. No dice. She recently said something similar to my sister.

But over the past few months, I have found myself getting incredibly annoyed with Hillary and I have just begun to see why people say that they won't vote for her because they just don't like her. Likeability is a huge factor come election time and she just doesn't have it. Not like Obama does anyway. And who is she to hint at the possibility of Obama as her running mate? Am I wrong or does he not have the most delegates and the popular vote at this moment?

Anyway, until the Democratic nominee is determined, the real winner is John McCain. He's just flapping his wings off into the sunset...laughing.

-------
The weather in Austin right now is absolutely fantastic! This kind of weather makes me want to go to the lake and get shitfaced by drinking margaritas.

-------
Do you know what my favorite part about losing weight is...other than being healthy, of course? Watching my arms get thinner. Is that vanity or what?

-------
Hey, Vanessa--did you hear that when you saw Paris Hilton with that fake sherpa dude, it was a big hoax for some show on E! Entertainment Television? Something about stars "punking" the paparazzi? It must be bizarre living in L.A.

1 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

are you kidding me? no, i had no idea, i only knew that a) the dude looked like the most miserable "guru" i'd ever seen (and I've seen ohhh... 2?) and b) it was retarded.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home