Monday, October 15, 2007

Inner Body Bright

I catered two parties this weekend both at really nice homes in Westlake. The one on Friday night was a small party that was super easy. The one Saturday...not so much. Lots of heavy lifting and walking with a hard set-up and breakdown. The day after I work a party like that, my body aches like that of a 90-year old woman. So what did I yesterday? Did I rest and let my muscle aches wear off? No. Instead, I went to a 2 1/2 hour yoga workshop on arm balances! Am I crazy? I think so. But man it was awesome. The instructor Mandy is an Anusara-Inspired teacher. I've been wanting to try some Anusara because the alignment principles of the yoga style are very interesting to me. As much as I love the vinyasa practice, I am feeling stuck right now and Anusara seems like the next logical step. Mandy broke down the arm balances in ways that make the poses seem so much more accessible now. Arm bones back, melt your heart, and my favorite, inner body bright. Pretty cool.

-------
LSU screwed everything up this weekend. I cannot believe they lost in triple overtime to Kentucky. My only hope is that they still have a shot at the national championship. Come on, Tigers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home