Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The work is over

Preparing for Christmas is kind of like planning a wedding, and since I've celebrated many Christmases over the years and I've planned a wedding, I feel as though I'm an authority on both subjects. You do all this planning and scheduling and preparing and then, bam!, it's over, just like that. My dad fried two turkeys for Christmas Day dinner and it literally took him all day because you can't leave the turkey alone for even a second. Haven't you seen the news stories about the many turkey-frying accidents that happen each Thanksgiving and Christmas just because the person frying looks away for a millisecond? We had all these side dishes and desserts and it took us about 30 minutes to finish dinner. Then the kids (kids being the adult children) had to clean up the kitchen and dining room. But it's not just Christmas dinner, it's the whole thing. The tree, the presents, the decorations...it all takes so much time to prepare and then it's over in the blink of an eye. Weird, huh?

On another note, I just got my ass kicked in yoga. Wednesday was my first day back in almost a week and it's been hell catching back up because I spent five days either drunk, hung over, or stuffed, and sometimes all of the above. I woke up this morning and my hips were sore, my back was tight, and my shoulders felt like a good massage was needed. And then I went back for more torture at 9:30. It's not really torture, but there are times when it feels that way. On one of his dvds that I have, Baron says something along the lines of, "Our stress-reduction program can often feel stressful." Boy, is he right. But I guess we have to go through some stress to get to the relaxation part. That could be applied in all aspects of life, not just when I'm sweating balls in yoga.

Sunday, I get to take Vanessa's class. I'm super pumped!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home