Monday, March 24, 2008

CEOs

My parents left this morning after being here all weekend. I cannot tell you how much we ate. It seems like that's all we did. I feel very bloated and weighted down today plus I didn't sleep well last night so I'm tired on top of everything. I did manage to go running today and that helped.

-------
I go to a very nontraditional church that Cody and I both really like. They geared their Easter service to appeal to people who don't normally attend church. The theme of the service was the story of the prodigal son through the music of U2. That's right, U2. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but what I wasn't expecting was an utterly amazing experience. I typically enjoy the services at church, but this one took the cake. John, the lead pastor, spoke briefly, but the majority of the service was basically a musical that portrayed the struggles of a daughter who leaves home at a young age, moves to the big city, and hits the streets. Unsure of whether her father would take her back after being gone for a while, she returns home to find him waiting for her with open arms. The actors were both ridiculously great singers, but the girl was out of this world. She was amazing. I can't stop thinking about it. The church band played all of the music and I swear, some of the best musicians in Austin stand up on that stage every week. Everything about the church makes me proud to be a part of it. The leaders have found a wonderful way to reach young people and to teach them that you can attend church, enjoy it, learn, and even *gasp* ask questions. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home