Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Office Space

Am I the only person in the entire building at work who uses the Sparklets water fountain in the staff break room and then changes the water cooler? It seems like I change it out several times a week. If I'm changing it that often, then how often are other people changing it? I realize that many of the people who work in this building might be, how can I say this politely, not as able to lift the heavy water cooler as others are. If that's the case, then either a)don't use it, or b)ask someone to lift it for you. But my theory is that most of the people who use it are just really freakin lazy. If that's the case, then either a)don't use it, or b)don't use it. Does this sound like the antics of a disgruntled employee? I'm not disgruntled. I was disgruntled last month when I found that my Weight Watchers frozen lunch (yeah, it's a convenience thing) had been taken out of the freezer, heated up, eaten, and then thrown away in the trash right there in the break room. The thief didn't even try to hide it! I left a nice, but firm note on the freezer door just to let him or her know that his or her disrespect had not gone unnoticed.

-------
I really want to do some anusara yoga. Margaret was telling me that she's doing this Anusara Immersion at YogaYoga and she thinks I would benefit from it because I'm at a point in my practice where I probably need more. She's right. As much as I love the Vinyasa practice, it gets repetitive. I have been thinking a lot about trying other styles and Anusara seems like the next step. Here's the deal: if I try something new, I want it to be in addition to my vinyasa practice at Bodhi, not in replace of it. There are a few reasons that I can't bring myself to miss one of my classes at Bodhi to go somewhere else (I practice there about five times a week, so with work and life, it's not like I have a whole lot of extra time). Here are the reasons.
1-It is extremely convenient to my work. The only day I drive in to practice is on Saturday mornings.
2-I pay $145/month so I feel the need to get the most out of my money. Maybe that's not really a good reason, but that's a lot of money to me.
3-I'm loyal. This is probably the main reason I continue to practice there. I started practicing at a studio in Round Rock that isn't open anymore. At Creekside, I fell so in love with yoga that I wanted more, so I started researching other studios in town. Found Bodhi. End of story. Not really end of story. I have been to many other studios in town and I continued to attend classes at Creekside after I started going to Bodhi. I do attend workshops at other studios around town, but Bodhi is where I discovered the Vinyasa practice and where I became hooked. The teachers are all different in the ways that they teach, yet they are all equally awesome. *Sigh* What to do.

So, anyway, this Anusara Immersion is super expensive and I'm going on three trips in three months and then there's the holidays, and well, there's always something. But I'm at least going to try and take some classes here and there by the end of the year. It's like my practice is screaming for something new. I suppose I should start listening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home