Tuesday, August 21, 2007

creativity

I got back from Asheville Sunday around 5:00. Why is traveling such a freakin' beat down on the body? By the time I got home, unpacked, and showered, I was exhausted. And I didn't even wash clothes. I still haven't washed clothes. Our dirty clothes basket is in our closet and it's piled high full of a stack of clothes that comes up half the wall of the closet. Guess what I'm doing tonight? Anyway, we had a really great time in Asheville. It's a neat town with an eclectic mix of people living there. Angie is an artist and makes pottery for a living. Asheville is a haven for artists and suits her well. I admire her for being brave enough to branch out on her own and pursue her passion. Dog Door Studio is her pottery business and her stuff is awesome. She also has some stuff on Etsy with a few other artists. It's good that I have creative friends because I am so not creative.

I won't see my friends again this year and may not see them until our annual vacation in May. Nicki turns 30 in April, so I will probably truck it to New Orleans to see her then. I'm kind of sad, but not as sad as I have been in the past when I know I'm not going to see them for a while. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I've just come to terms with it and have learned to enjoy the time I spend with them instead of focusing on the time I don't get to spend with them.

-------
After four days of no yoga, the ass kicking began last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home