Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Reality bites...sort of

As I slowly step back into reality after having a week of fun in the sun with the best friends I've ever had, it occurs to me that I really do like having a routine. As much as I didn't want to get up this morning and drag myself to work, I found myself slightly enjoying the fact that I was back doing the same things that I normally do. Don't get me wrong...it wasn't easy. I totally enjoyed not being on a schedule last week, which forced me to lay around by our beach house pool drinking sangria, or taking a stroll on the sunny beach with my girlfriends talking about next year's trip, or, and here's the best one, drinking Absolut Citron pomegranate lemonade martinis and sitting in the hot tub until 1:00 in the morning. But there is something comforting about coming back to a daily routine, even though it's not as much fun.
-------

Get me to a yoga class ASAP! I'm going for a run today for the first time in almost two weeks. We'll see how long I last. And then tomorrow night, I'll go to my first yoga class in over a week. I feel fat and off balance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home