Saturday, April 07, 2007

The joy of living

Sean taught this morning's 10:00 yoga class. It was his second class to teach since he was beaten up and mugged. He looks and sounds so much better than he did when I saw him last week. He's still got a little paralysis in his face and he can't hear out of his right ear. He told a brief summary of the story at the beginning of class and then he said something like this, "Having said all that, I just feel really lucky to be alive and I have a lot of joy about being alive. So, today on your mat, I want you to experience and feel that joy just for being alive." Wow. There was so much energy in that room this morning.

I've never really thought about being alive as a joyous thing. I mean, I know that is joyous, but I've just never thought about it like that. I'm going to try to start.

Man, am I glad Sean is back. Now that is a joyous thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

Holy cow. I had NO idea. I'm so glad you wrote about this.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home