Monday, April 30, 2007

Boys and their toys

I got Cody a 30 gig Ipod for his birthday two weeks ago. He loves it. He has spent countless hours uploading his entire c.d. collection onto it. Then, he uploaded a handful of mine onto it. Now, he's got stacks of his best friend's c.d.s that he's working on. I guess I should be glad that he likes it so much because it wasn't a cheap gift.

-------
Speaking of birthdays, my grandmother turned 89 on Friday. I called her Saturday morning (yes, I forgot to call on Friday), and she is just so funny. Mama Jo talks at a speed of ninety-to-nothing and it can be difficult to understand much of what she says. She started out telling me every single detail of her day, twice even. She then described to me the gifts she received, all the way down to the ten pair of cotton underwear that my aunt gave her when she only asked for six, along with a check for $500. Mama Jo has four grandchildren-me, my sister, and my two cousins. She made it a point to mention that my cousin Stacey is the only one she didn't hear from. And when she's finished talking, she comes to this abrupt stop and says something like, "Well, thanks for calling. Tell Cody hello. Love you. Bye!" She's sharp as a tack though, that's for sure. It's amazing to me that someone who is almost 90 remembers names and people the way that she does. Most people in their 30's don't have a memory that good.

-------
Speaking of birthdays again, my dad turns the big 6-0 tomorrow! He and my mom and five other couples are going to Vegas to celebrate. My parents have never been before so it should be interesting. The age 60 used to seem so old to me but it doesn't anymore. Maybe it's because my parents don't seem very old to me. Maybe it's because I turn 30 in two months and Lord knows I never thought I would see that day. Maybe it's because 60 is the new 40, or whatever. I hope he doesn't take it too hard because he took 50 really hard.

-------
Two weeks and then I'm on vacation! Hannah is doing another Detox and Recharge workshop on Saturday. I wish she was doing it after my vacation because who knows the kinds of things I'm going to put into my body that week. Of course, Thursday night, we went to a Round Rock Express game and ate greasy chili cheese nachos, along with a hot dog and beer. I'm going to the workshop anyway because it's awesome! I did the same workshop back in January and it kicked my ass but of course in a good way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home