Friday, May 04, 2007

Confessions

I catered a party last night at a lobbyist's house. Obviously, he invited members of the Texas legislature, but they were in session, so the guests at the party were only the legislators' aids. It was so boring. So what did I do? I ate. A lot. But, oh my gosh, Word of Mouth (the catering company) has the best guacamole I've ever put into my mouth! It's like they put a little slice of heaven in there. Yes, it's that good!

Because the session was still going on, the lobbyist wanted to keep the party going, ya know, just in case. At 10:30, the House was still debating bills so we got the go ahead to close the buffet and bar. After clean up, which is always more difficult at someone's home, I got home around 12:15. I showered (good God it's humid in Austin right now!) and then got in bed around 12:45. And yes, I woke up at 5:15 to go to yoga. I'm not nearly as tired as I thought I would be, although I have no desire to do any work. Much to my pleasant surprise, Sean was teaching this morning and it was a great class! I so didn't want to get up out of savasana. I probably could have stayed there with my little towel over my eyes for an hour, just resting and letting my body soak in everything I had done for it in the previous hour. But alas, I had to force myself to get up and come to work. Why does work always have to get in the way of life?

-------
I was reading Vanessa's blog the other day and she was listing other people's bad habits that bug her, so then she decided to list her own bad habits. I thought that was a pretty good idea so here are some of mine that I'm sure people dislike:

1-I interrupt people. And I apologize in advance if this happens to you. I'm working on it.
2-I chew on pen tops. It's really embarrassing when someone asks to borrow a pen and it's been all chewed. It's also embarrassing when you take one into a meeting and notice someone else looking at it.
3-If there is a mirror in the room, I'm checking myself out all the time. I'm not sure if people dislike this, but they sure do make fun of me for it.

-------
I could seriously down an entire pitcher of margaritas right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home