Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Nag

I haven't been back from vacation for two weeks and I'm already looking forward to my next trip in August. I booked my flight today to Atlanta (holy canolli, flights are expensive!) and then Joanna, Nicki, and I are driving to Asheville to spend a weekend with our friend Angie. I'm super pumped because a)I get to see my friends again and b)I've never been to Asheville. Angie always talks about how great it is to live there and it's especially great for her because she makes pottery and Asheville is an artist's town.

-------
My brother-in-law has a cancerous tumor in his jaw bone. He's 29. A few months ago, my co-worker found out that she has rectal cancer. She's 38. Admittedly, this freaks me out. Not so much for myself but more for my husband. Cody is 31 and has been a smoker for a very long time. I am not a smoker and never have been and I'm sure many people wonder how I can sleep in the same bed with one every night. We will probably start trying to have children soon, but I really don't want to get pregnant unless he stops smoking. Is it wrong to make that kind of ultimatum? He has said for a long time that he'll quit when we have kids. I just don't understand. Why not quit now then? Everyone says that he has to want to quit for himself, but I don't ever see that happening. I just don't get it. I know it's hard, but people do it everyday. I have tons of friends who have quit smoking. I decided that I would wait a few days and then have this discussion wit him. Not that we haven't had it before, but now that someone so close to us and so young has cancer, I have to bring it up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home