Tuesday, February 20, 2007

To rest or not to rest

I caught the crud last week and am just now getting over it. I stayed home on Thursday and slept all day, which is something I never do. I suppose I needed it. Practicing yoga with sinus pressure and a head cold proves to be difficult. It's hard to breathe out of your nose, which you are supposed to do in yoga. But I think in the long run, it can be good to practice when you're not feeling 100%. Why? Well, I think it teaches you that you can't always do everything "full out" and that you can take breaks when your body needs them. I think that's hard to do for most yogis, especially those who haven't been practicing for very long. I've learned that having an advanced practice doesn't necessarily mean that you do a one-legged krane pose and make it look easy. Having an advanced practice means that you know when your body needs to rest and take child's pose as opposed to a headstand. I'm not saying that I'm advanced or anything--it's a learning process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home