Friday, July 18, 2008

Let it go

I went to Christina Sell's class at Yoga Yoga for the first time. It was awesome. It's amazing that we have such an incredible nationally-known yoga teacher right here in Austin. The theme was destroying, which is one of the five acts of Shiva so we flowed pretty much the entire class. Flowing fits nicely with the theme of destroying because you let one pose go and then turn it into something else, although I have to admit that I was a little disappointed that all we did was flow. I was hoping for some handstand action or crazy backbends, but I get why we flowed. It totally fit with the theme. And the flows were very challenging. We moved into poses in ways that were totally new to me, so I'm glad I got to experience some new stuff.

Speaking of handstands, I've been piking up into them!!! How exciting is that! I've done it several times at home and the first time I did it, I was jumping around the house feeling really proud of myself. I know it's not supposed to be about that, but I think it's okay if it is just every now and then...just a little.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home