Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Aging Process

Friday is the anniversary of my birth. It seems like just yesterday I was writing about turning 30 and the awful things that number represents. And now, I'm turning 31. My next milestone birthday will be 40. Wow. That sounds so old, even though my head knows that it is not old. I guess it used to be old. My parents should be in their 40's; instead, they are in their 60's.

But to commemorate the anniversary of my birth (I don't like the term birthday anymore), my parents will be in town. Actually they are coming in town for a wedding but they would probably come here anyway. We have a full weekend planned and my mommy is taking me shopping on Friday. I love spending other people's money.

I often wonder if I should have more to show for my age. The only thing I can really come up with is that I wish I'd have traveled more by now. I guess that's not so bad. My career is on the upward slope; I'm in good shape; I have a loving hubby (keep your fingers crossed for kiddos soon); I have the greatest friends in the world; my family is still alive and kicking. I can't ask for much more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home