Thursday, July 10, 2008

I heart the weekend

My weekend officially starts very soon. Mom & Dad are on their way into Austin. Fortunately, they are staying at the Stephen F. Austin Hotel since the wedding reception is there. I don't have to clean my house as well as I normally would if they were staying with us. We are meeting them at the hotel at 6:30 for a cocktail (or two) and then heading to Vespaio for dinner. We haven't been there in a really long time so it should be yummy as always. I'm certain that the kitchen will send us out an appetizer plate big enough for all of us to be full before we even order entrees, but you only live once I guess.

Mom is taking me shopping tomorrow. My coworker asked if we were going to the Domain. Hell, no. I want to be able to shop at more than one store so we're going to the outlet mall in Round Rock. I love that mall. Great stores. Then Cody and I are going to Uchi tomorrow night to celebrate the anniversary of my birth 31 years ago. It's funny because I asked for a gift certificate to Milk & Honey Spa as a gift and lo and behold, it came in the mail earlier this week. I check the mail. I wasn't going to say anything but he did. He informed me that I don't know how much it's for and I can't open it until we're at dinner Friday night. Fair enough. I can be patient.

We're going to a wedding on Saturday night. Should be fun. There will be a lot of people from my hometown that I haven't seen in a really long time. I only went home once last year and spent most of the time there with my family. Also, word got around pretty quickly that I was pregnant so most of the people that will be there will know that I had a miscarriage. I'm sure the word of that spread quickly as well. Not a big deal, I just mention it because the next time I get pregnant, I'm waiting until after I have an ultrasound to tell anyone other than my parents. And they can't tell anyone either. I was forced to tell so many people last time because I had two vacations planned and you know, I enjoy alcoholic beverages when I'm on vacation. Okay, I enjoy them all the time. But clearly I wasn't going to drink while pregnant so I had to spill the beans. What a crappy experience. I hope you never have to go through it.

-------
I sent my money in for a workshop with Darren Rhodes in August in San Marcos. I hear that I'm going to be sore. Can't wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

Happy Birthday!! It really does get better.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home