Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas spirit

If there is such a thing as the Christmas spirit of not working, then I'm right smack in the middle of it right now. I think that because the University is closed for over a week this season, I am really in the "get me the hell out of here so I can party with my friends and family" mentality. Also, this is a slow time of year for us and we'll be hitting the ground running on January 2, so I'm just ready for a break. My work situation is getting a little old as well. But that's another post.

As for Christmas, we leave next Friday for Monroe and I'm really looking forward to it. We're going to a party that night where a large group of my old buddies from home will be. Then my aunt and cousins come in town on Saturday and they're bringing the new baby! I say new, but she was born in March. She's new to us because we haven't seen her yet. So, I thought I was doing well with my shopping and then I assessed the situation. Guess I thought wrong. I just have to get a lot done after work today because I'm going to yoga tomorrow night, catering Thursday night, going to a Christmas party Friday night, going to yoga again Saturday morning, catering again Saturday night, and volunteering at church on Sunday. Phew! This really is a busy time of year, but I love it so much. It just makes me happy and warm and fuzzy inside. I wish I could feel this way year 'round!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home