Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One (almost) down, two more to go

I am entering the final week of my first trimester. God how slowly this is going by! Right now, I look like I've just gained weight, not that I'm pregnant. That's annoying. My mom came in town this weekend and we bought clothes to get me through the next month or so until I need maternity clothes. My yoga clothes are getting too tight. You can't hide anything in yoga clothes. It is utterly depressing, I tell you. And I continue to tell myself that this is just all part of the process. That doesn't appear to be helping.

But what an overwhelming process it is! My friends from my hometown are throwing me a baby shower over Christmas and I have no idea what all I need. How do you choose a stroller or car seat? There are so many! I've started emailing my friends and asking what they have used. And I remember that one of Cody's co-worker's wife had a really bad car accident with her baby in the car. The police said that the car seat saved the baby's life, so I think I might get that one. And oh how we need to clear up some space in our house! Over the holidays, my plan is to clean out both our guest bedroom and office closets. The guest bedroom will become the nursery and the office will become the guest bedroom--not sure yet where the "office" will go.

In celebration of my pregnancy, Cody and I went out and bought ourselves a 40" flat-screen LCD tv that is now hanging above the fireplace. We also want to buy new furniture. Clearly we think that we are made of money.

So that's my update on the bun in my oven. Very exciting things going on in there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home