Friday, August 29, 2008

DNC

Win or lose, Barack Obama gave one of the best speeches I've ever heard last night. When he walked out on stage and all 84,000 people, many of them in tears, were cheering their hearts out, I was so moved. That might sound cheesy, but it's true. It was really cool. The things that he has done throughout this campaign are nothing short of amazing. My favorite line of the night: "It's not because John McCain doesn't care; it's because John McCain doesn't get it."

Yet, McCain thinks that we will think he gets it simply because he chose a young woman as his vice presidential choice. On the surface, it is a smart choice. Now there's just one old white guy on the Republican ticket as opposed to two. She's cute and has an image that is appealing and I hear she's super likable. But once you get down to it, Palin is uber conservative with very, very little experience. It sort of defeats the Republicans' argument of theirs being the more experienced ticket.

Anyway, it is still an interesting race and I imagine it will be until the bitter end. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home