Thursday, September 11, 2008

Let's try this again

I haven't blogged much lately mainly because I was anxious to write about the newest chapter in my life but wasn't ready to discuss it until now. I will be giving birth to a new life in April! It is both exciting and incredibly scary at the same time. I'm nine weeks along and have had two ultrasounds, both of which looked really good. The last one was really cool because we saw the baby wiggle a bit. The entire process is strange and miraculous and wonderful when you think about it. There is another human growing inside of me. How wonderfully weird!

I plan to blog about this over the next eight months and hope that it will be a learning process for me. My body is already changing and I am not comfortable with the fact that I have gained two pounds.
I'm still exercising and practicing yoga but less often than I was before because I get tired. My appetite has not decreased as it does for many women in the first trimester so I think if you couple that with less exercise, a little weight gain is normal. I've learned that if I'm tired I need to rest, something that has never come easily for me, except for maybe on Sunday afternoons. I like to move. I'm anxious to enter the second trimester because I hear that I will get a burst of energy. It seems hard to believe at this point.

My family is ridiculously excited. This will be the first little one to enter into their world. I feel blessed that Cody and I have had no trouble conceiving as many women I know do, even at my age or younger. Knowing that we will responsible for another person for a long time to come is incredibly frightening. I worry about whether or not I will be a good mother but I promise that I will certainly try my best. And throughout this pregnancy I promise to take care of my body, mind, and soul so that our baby will enter this world ready for the things it has to offer, both good and bad. What an interesting journey this will be.

1 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

Wow!!! Yay! I'm so excited for you!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home