Friday, October 13, 2006

It's the little things, you know?


I am obsessed with free sweepstakes and I've finally found one that I just might have a shot at winning. Yesterday, I submitted this photo of my dog Phoebe in the "Cutest Dog in Texas" contest at HEB. I have the utmost confidence that she will win by a landslide. Look at that face! I mean, seriously...she's freakin' precious! And if the judges got to actually meet her, well then, no other dog would stand a chance in hell, but unfortunately, they don't. It doesn't matter, though. We'll win a $1,000 HEB gift card, which we can also use at Central Market by the way, plus a year's supply of dog food. AND she might be feautred in an ad for HEB! This is exciting.

I also submitted my parents' dog Sam, who actually lives in Louisiana, but he was born in Texas, so that counts right? The rules don't say the dog has to live in Texas currently, although the title of the contest implies it. I'm not sure what we'll do if he wins because I don't want to be dishonest. This isn't the picture I submitted, but it's a cute one nontheless.

The fact that I am so excited about this contest got me thinking about the little things in life that give me pleasure-my cat lying on my chest and purring, the spoonful of peanut butter I eat when I get up (and before I go to bed), sleeping past 8:00 a.m. on a Saturday (something that never happens anymore), etc. As much as we look forward to big things in life, it's the small things that keep us sane, really. I'm not sure what I would do if peanut butter ceased to exist, but if I lost my job today, sure I'd be sad, but I'd find another one eventually, whereas nothing can replace peanut butter. I'm also not sure if there's a point to any of this. I just really love the little things in life, as I'm sure we all do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home